Nebraska Book Festival
Save the date: The next Festival will be held April 25, 2015, at the University of Nebraska Omaha Community Engagement Center, 6401 Dodge Street, Omaha.
The 2013 Nebraska Book Festival marks the 21st annual book festival dating back to 1991. Historically, the Nebraska Book Festival has offered high-quality speakers, presenters, moderators, and workshop facilitators.
The Nebraska Book Festival (formerly the Nebraska Literature Festival 1991-2001) has been co-sponsored by the Nebraska Center for the Book and the Humanities Nebraska (formerly Nebraska Humanities Council) since its inception in 1991. Many other organizations and individuals have contributed to the festivals over the years.
The change of name from Nebraska Literature Festival to Nebraska Book Festival broadens the scope of the event to include contemporary Nebraska writers and books, as well as the great classic writers of Nebraska’s literary heritage. The festival is dedicated to Nebraska writers and books and celebrates the reading and writing life of Nebraska.
The goal of the festival is to celebrate Nebraska’s literary heritage and contemporary authors and to stimulate public interest in books, reading, and the written word. By gathering together contemporary writing talent of our state, and those involved with the literary heritage of Nebraska, the festival provides an opportunity for participants to cultivate an understanding of our history and culture.
Click on a year for event details, photos, festival programs, and more.
- 2015 April 25, UNO Community Engagement Center, Omaha
- 2014 April 25-26, UNO Thompson Alumni Center, Omaha
- 2013 April 5-6, UNO Thompson Alumni Center, Omaha
- 2012 March 31, Downtown Lincoln
- 2011 May 21, Downtown Lincoln
- 2010 No festival held in this year
- 2009 November 14, Downtown Lincoln
- 2008 October 17-18, Downtown Lincoln
- 2007 October 26-28, Downtown Lincoln
- 2006 October 6-7, Nebraska Wesleyan University, Lincoln
- 2005 October 7-8, Nebraska Wesleyan University, Lincoln
- 2004 September 17-18, University of Nebraska at Kearney
- 2003 October 24-25, Creighton University, Omaha
- 2002 September 13-14, Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer, Grand Island
- 2001 September 21-22, Peru State College, Peru
- 2000 September 15-17, Beatrice & Lincoln
- 1999 September 17-18, Chadron State College, Chadron
- 1998 September 17-19, Wayne State College, Wayne
- 1997 No festival was held in this year
- 1996 September 20-21, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- 1995 September 22-23, University of Nebraska at Kearney
- 1994 September 22-24, University of Nebraska at Omaha
- 1993 September 17-18, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- 1992 September 25-26, University of Nebraska at Kearney
- 1991 September 28, University of Nebraska at Omaha